Those who appreciate Android OS aren’t limited to techies and geeks. In fact, more and more women, in particular, active moms and housewives have learned to like the usefulness of their Android smartphones.
Well, mothers are perhaps the busiest person in a household and would welcome any help that she can get. Here’s our list of the cleverest apps for moms:
The apps we mentioned are very handy and available for download from rawapps. Dig out to discover other more exciting apps to make a mother’s life easier.
1. Jorte – is a pretty neat organizer and ToDo list rolled into one app. User has the option to choose among the three home widgets (full monthly calendar, weekly horizontal calendar, or weekly list) for setting-up or searching schedules, meetings, appointments and other tasks. This app easily syncs with Google calendar and allows import/export of data. Moms will value its versatility for making reminders of office meetings, school activities and other household chores.
2. My Days – Period & Ovulation – makes it easier for busy moms to predict and monitor their menstrual period and ovulation. The app’s full calendar serves as a graphical chart that displays the period and highest fertility days. With this free app, moms can be able to schedule family outings and holiday trips as well as know the best time when planning to have a baby. It also allows users to keep track of taking pills and basal temperature for birth control purposes.
3. Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal – is a specially designed diet and calorie counter app for achieving weight loss. Moms tend to take their own body for granted because they prioritize their children and husbands. This great app provides online community support to encourage users to stick with their diet regimen. Search for foods and recipe nutrition facts from the app’s database and record your calorie intake. Physical activities and exercise can be easily converted into calories burned.
4. ICE – also means In Case of Emergency, functions as an emergency information kit where important contact details and information are stored that can serve as reference for responders in cases of emergencies. Moms can install this app to indicate persons to call, medical conditions, doctor’s name or even insurance details. Moreover, this app can also double as return information for finders on occasions when the phone has been lost.
5. MoneyManager – helps mom keep track of the household finances. This is a very simple app that monitors incoming and outgoing fund transactions. It has customizable currency, date and categories. Very easy to handle and use by busy mothers in projecting and managing budgets as well as usual family expenses like utilities, gas and even entertainment.
6. Yellowbook – conveniently brings the yellow pages directory to mobile phones. We all know that everyone in the house would always ask help, information and contact numbers from Mom and this is a really great app to find restaurants, supplies, plumbers or just about anything. Moms would love this handy helper for locating nearby carpet cleaners, schools and insurance offices. The app filters the results by location so there is no need to browse through tons of information. It even allows voice search!
7. InstaMapper – can be considered as every Mother’s favorite app. The app tracks the phone’s location in real time and keeps record of the last 30 days location data. Users can share their location to family and friends which can be embedded in web pages, blogs and Facebook. In addition, this app helps locate lost phones via SMS remote activation feature. This is the app that Moms would wish to have installed on every family members’ phone.
8. Tag ToDo List – is a productivity tool and organizer rolled into a single app. Simple and uncomplicated, this app’s user-friendly UI allows users to add tasks, set due dates and sort tasks easily. Moms would love that the developers of this app has taken into account those who are visually challenged. Cool features include graphical, audio and written notes.