American College of Surgeons Practice-Based Learning System application is for ACS members only. The purpose of the Case Log is to allow surgeons to track their outcomes. This will assist surgeons in identifying practice-based learning needs. It may assist surgeons in meeting the requirements of Part IV of the Maintenance Certification Program of the Specialty Boards.
- Activity Setting (dates for procedure, admission and discharge; location; role; assistant)
- Patient Information (MRN, date of birth, name, gender)
- Medical Information (ICD-9 codes for pre- and post-operative diagnoses; ASA Class; CPT codes for procedures; pathology; post-operative occurrences; wound classification) and Notes. Procedure Date is the only required field; all other fields are optional.
- Hot Lists the system remembers your most recently and most frequently used CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Nicknames - you can assign nicknames to CPT and ICD-9 codes