** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
"At $1.99, it's easier and more fun than an excel file or card catalogue!"
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
"iBookshelfs simplicity is a virtue."
iBookshelf is your personal portable library. Books are displayed ordered by title, author, genre, and status. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. Books can be entered automatically (loaded from Amazon) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the book cover image is loaded as well. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs!
This free version only allows you to add up to five (5) books into your library and does not support barcode scanning. Otherwise, it is fully capable and unlimited. Please send me an email with any suggestions you may have and thank you for your positive feedback!
- Enter the ISBN and tap load to retrieve book data from the internet (live barcode scanning in the full paid version with Red Laser SDK)
- Enter the title and/or author and tap load (next to the title field) to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Save all your books in a convenient library
- See your book covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track book loans
- Rate your books
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to our online backup server
- View your backed up booklist at ipod.pressnells.net
- Email backup files (CSV or binary) to a location of your choice.
- Import your own data (CSV format) or backup files.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake iPod and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Read/Unread status is displayed in the main lists.
- While editing an entry, tap on the cover image to search the internet for additional cover image options.
- Set the cover image using the iPod camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) and Open Library in the iPod Settings app.
- Set default values and list font size in iPod settings app.
**** NOTE: All of my data is pulled from publicly accessible internet sites and is NOT using any direct API. This means a few things to you, my customer. Because I'm not relying on API data, you will always have information available to you. However, because my data sources change their websites from time to time and public websites are not always consistent, particular items may provide unexpected results. This will cause my application to close. Rather than providing negative reviews, please send me examples of items that cause the application to close and I will happily update my code to accept them. ****
**** Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****